Saturday, November 19, 2005

Show 'n Tell


Something slightly different this time. I suppose the ingenius cover art caught my eye first and finding a 7" record inside that plays at 33 also made me curious. It also has a clever plastic book mark type gadget that has a selection of tiny tranparent slides on a slit down the middle - this fits into the TV/record player combi you see on the cover. Really the elephants you see there are a cheat as the image you would get would be very blurred and more like a Give-A- Show projector that my sister used to have, which beamed feeble cartoons on the bedroom wall with the aid of a 6 volt battery. Nevertheless, the idea is great and the tinkling piano on the soundtrack is very engaging. I imagine Bill Bailey would see this in a different light though! Made by the General Electric Co. 1964.

Show 'n Tell - The Elephant An His Nose

This Rapid Share file is accessible by scrolling down the page and clicking on the FREE button. Wait at the bottom of the page for your file to appear ( about 20 seconds ).

4 comments:

spice-the-cat said...

This one was just a little too difficult to dance to - but we tried, anyway.

Wastedpapiers said...

Its nice to throw something in the mix that's completely at odds with all the rest and gives a flavour of the sort of things in my collection. Some is really just too dull and educational to feature here!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

I used to have something like this but the one that I had you could play with a pencil or any similar sharp object. I didn't have the 6 volt battery job but my cousin did. Wouldn't let me play though.

Wastedpapiers said...

There's a whole website devoted to these weird and wonderful record players and gramaphones etc. Some amazing contraptions and some that are just flimsy cardboard with a pin.