Saturday, November 19, 2005

Lord Funny


A 7" single on the Antillana label from 1970 found down Brick lane market many years ago. I have a ton of these old ska, blue beat, rock steady, calypso singles that I used to collect back in the 70's and 80's. Sorting through them the other day I realised that I hadn't really listened to many of them or if I did it was just one side. Some are so scratched and warped they don't bear a second playing. I tried to find out about Lord Funny and the internet doesn't help much this time. I found a discography of "Funny" and it seems he still records under the this name and dropped the "Lord" title. Maybe he thought it sounded more up to date or snappier? I prefer Lord Funny. The B side is great too all about the dangers of not brushing your teeth!

Find out more about calypso by going HERE.

Lord Funny - Sock It To Me

Lord Funny - Check Up

These Rapid Share files are accessible by scrolling down the page and clicking on the FREE button. Wait at the bottom of the page for your file to appear ( about 20 seconds ).

9 comments:

spice-the-cat said...

Your blog's become one of my 'must visit' sites on a daily basis - love it - keep up the good work.

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks spice. Glad you are enjoying the oddments that I find.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

ditto the cat. (spice of course)

Ben The Balladeer said...

Is the any possibility these songs can be reactivated.
Thxs in advance
Ben

Wastedpapiers said...

I will try ben but these singles are buried under a big pile of CD's and will take some finding again!

Anonymous said...

please reactivate these singles.

thanks in advance legz.

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks for the reminder. Will make a big effort now to find them. maybe not these ones but some others just as good!

FredrikO said...

I would be so lucky!

Wastedpapiers said...

Found it. Sorry it's taken me so long chaps. Will be uploaded in next few hours.