Monday, November 08, 2010

Fly Me To The Sun


Not sure where this record came from but I've had it for a while , tucked away in the deepest recesses of a cupboard. Best place for it I hear you all cry. I must admit I was hoping for more than the kitsch sleeve delivered - it being mostly soulless lift musak and MOR orchestral schmalzh of a most tedious kind. I'm not sure how the likes of Les Paul got in there. Put together for the Dutch airline Transavia in the 60's on the Transavia Holland label. One presumes they gave it away to customers to lure them to all those sunny places they mention in the tunes - Granada, Spanish Harlem, Madrid, Isle Of Capri etc.
Included in this selection are Les Paul, Franck Pourcel, Joe Loss, Vittoria and Manuel.


Fly Me To The Sun - Side One (extract)

No comments: