Friday, February 10, 2012

Lord Funny (Re-UP)


A 7" single on the Antillana label from 1970 found down Brick lane market many years ago. I have a ton of these old ska, blue beat, rock steady, calypso singles that I used to collect back in the 70's and 80's. Sorting through them the other day I realised that I hadn't really listened to many of them or if I did it was just one side. Some are so scratched and warped they don't bear a second playing. I tried to find out about Lord Funny and the internet doesn't help much this time. I found a discography of "Funny" and it seems he still records under the this name and dropped the "Lord" title. Maybe he thought it sounded more up to date or snappier? I prefer Lord Funny. The B side is great too all about the dangers of not brushing your teeth!

Find out more about calypso by going HERE.


Lord Funny - Sock It To Me

Lord Funny - I Brush

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.mustrad.org.uk/articles/kaiso09.htm

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks for the link Anon.