Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Les Dawson Syndicate

Not THE Les Dawson but an obscure Les Dawson who only made this one single for the Melodisc label it seems back in 1962. A bit of a rarity I imagine. Not sure where I found it - maybe in that box of ska singles from the scout hut in Basildon back in the 70's. Anyway, this is a great song - mostly instrumental with shout outs from the band.On the other side they are joined by Johnny Stevens - who is another I could find no mention of on the internet search. If you know anything please do tell!..........................................................................................................................................................................Les Dawson Syndicate - Last Chicken In The Shop...................................................................................................................................................................... Les Dawson/Johnny Stevens - Oh Yeah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you some much, I've been after these tracks for years. I had a bunch of 7inch singles that my dad had got from somewhere in the 70s and this was one of them. I loved both sides. Lost the singles years ago, bit I now have them back thanks to you. Much appreciated.
John T