Thursday, October 13, 2005

Bernard Cribbins


"Born in 1928, in Lancashire, Bernard Cribbins is one of the best known children's entertainers in the UK. He has been an actor since the age of 14, when he became a student player with his local repertory company.
By the 1950s, Cribbins had become a star of the London stage, featuring in his own revue. It wasn't until the 1960s, however, until he attained true public acclaim, appearing in a string of successful films and had musical success with a number of novelty records like Right Said Fred and Hole in the Ground. He is better known today for voice over work (The Wombles, as well as numerous advertisements) and his appearances on Noel's House Party on BBC1."

Bernard Cribbins - One Man Band

Bernard Cribbins - Winkle Picker Shoes

These Rapid Share files are accessible by scrolling down the page and clicking on the FREE button. Wait at the bottom of the page fro your file to appear (about 20 seconds).

7 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

'There was I digging a hole'
Great bloke.
The photo is from the Doctor Who film isn't it?

Wastedpapiers said...

I thin it probably is from Dr. Who and the Invasion of the Daleks or the other one? He was on Fawlty Towers ofcourse and more recently on Coronation Street. Shame he gave up the novelty songs.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Yes. I loved those very typically English songs. Silly but funny too.

Big Al Davies said...

I had the "Hole in the ground" single when I was a lad, the b side was winkle picker shoes.

Wastedpapiers said...

I'm pretty sure i bought the single too but maybe it was the cheap version on the Embassy label from Woolworths= remembeer them? I'm showing my age now!

hazel said...

He was the voice of the wombles too you know!!
I had all their albums...

Wastedpapiers said...

Do you ever read the carefully selected blurbs here Hazel? I did mention the Wombles! Has college been so distracting this morning?